Thursday, October 31, 2013

Behind the Scenes

inside vatican city of course.


apologies for the overload of photos, this was honestly just the most amazing thing.

Did you know the vatican is its very own monarchical state? Did you know their are only about 50 people total that live there, two in which are pope francis and previous pope benedict? 

tuesday morning was not a normal tuesday morning. this particular tuesday morning I walked past the swiss guards into the vatican city state (with my amazing professor Seán who is an official knight of the vatican), i touched the popes clothing and I walked through the VIP doors of St. Peters basilica (the same doors Obama was brought through on his tour).  Tuesdays behind the scenes tour of the vatican city state was something I will never forget thanks in large part to my professor.


1. The back of St. Peters. A few most people will never see, because they can't.
2. Communications Professor, Knight and head of Vatican Radio my friends.
3. Vatican Gardens
4. The Popes Bösendorfer Piano
5. Pope Francis's apartment building..Room #201
6. The VIP Entrance and most chilling piece of artwork I have ever seen.
7. Pope Benedict's thinking bench, find him here at 4 pm daily.
8. He played Red Hot Chili Peppers.... On the Popes piano.
9. Fountains
10. Inside Vatican City State


M

No comments:

Post a Comment