Sunday, September 22, 2013

Cinque Terre - Part 1


This weekend we took a trip to Cinque Terre, which is a national park including 5 beautiful cities on the coast of the bright blue sea. So we packed our lives into backpacks and off we went. We started in the first city Monterosso and hiked our ways down.

I have never experienced something so challenging, yet so rewarding. There were people from their 20's to their 70's hiking these paths.  Seeing groups of women in their 70's tackling these paths I couldn't help but make up a story in my head of how they were all college friends checking hiking together in Cinque Terre off of their bucket list they made way back when. I can only hope my life will bring such good health and long lasting friends.

Between the city of Corniglia and Monarola the coastal path was closed so we took the 7a which lead us far up on the hillside. I think we had about an hour of straight incline. Along the way while gasping for air people passed on their way down and with sweet smiles would shout motivation in a hundred different languages.

 Does everyone know how scared of heights I am? My legs felt like jello the entire hike but i've never felt more accomplished then I did yesterday.

10 miles. 10 miles were put on my neon pink nikes yesterday. 10 miles of jagged rocks, lose gravel, and steep steps. 10 miles of beautiful Italian coast and countryside views. 10 miles of straight inspiration.

M.

(However I must say my thighs and backside are paying for it today)



No comments:

Post a Comment