Wednesday, September 25, 2013

home sweet rome.


next thursday I will have been in Italy for a month already. the time flies by so quickly and each day I panic a little more as I don't want it to ever end. i am truly happy to my core here however, there are a few things i am missing every single day.

1. My family - It's crazy how much I miss them. I would do anything to have an hour heart to heart with my papa, get a good morning hug from my mom, have a sleepover with my sister where we fall asleep laughing hysterically and watch my brother play a football game followed by a sweaty hug. My grandparents, oh I miss my grandparents so much. I think i'll make them play dominos for two weeks straight when I get home!

2. Tanner - For all who don't know... Tanner is our 12 year old yellow lab.  He is big, smelly, loves to shake hands and will sit by your side till the end of time. man do I miss him. 

3. My friends - Making new friends is fantastic, and i'm lucky to have met some great ones... i'm also lucky to have such special people at home to miss. I can't wait to hug them and stay up until all hours of the night catching up and making up for lost time when I return in December.

4. American Coffee - I wish I could have packed up my keurig and brought it with me to Italy. Don't get me wrong, italian cafĂ© is amazing however its low it caffeine and never found in a size larger than a tea cup. Sometimes all a girl needs is a Venti Caramel Macchiato to get her through her day. 

5. Appliances - Have I mentioned we don't have a drier or an oven? (Sigh) I miss cooking with an oven and I miss my soft warm tumbled clothes. Dumb, I know. It's really not I big deal... I just miss it. 



well thats all for now.

M.

No comments:

Post a Comment